4779 Red Bank Rd, Cincinnati, OH | Directions 4522739.157978 -84.406598
Excellent facility – Brought my puppy in on Sunday after a raisin ingestion. The facility was clean and well-run, and the staff were professional and caring. I would not hesitate to use them again for veterinary emergencies. Be prepared for an expensive experience, though. Quality never comes cheap.
Truely Caring facility – Spent several hours at RBEC last week to observe. They are truely caring and loving to the animals. All animals were checked constantly and treated with the upmost care. Emergencies were handled effectively and hospitalized pets were taken outside several times for potty breaks. There was someone near a pet at all times while I was there, always monitoring the conditions. The Doctor on staff was gentle and quick when dealing with treatments. i would recommend this clinic if you had an emergency, and will use them myself in the future.
treated me great :) :) – I have taken my animals there for many things everything from a life saving surgery to saving my blocked cat. They treated us great and gave me every detail i wanted to know. I am a vet tech (i work some where else and was here on vaca when i needed them) and they did everything that they needed to do. everyone that i talked to was nice and the techs and vets let me visit when every they had an open room. (it was a weekend and they were very busy so one i was asked to wait.) Uour animal will be very safe and loved they truly care for your pet as though it was their own.
Emergency Vet Clinic euthanized my cat (and didn't have the decency to allow us to say goodbye) – Take your pet here only if he/she has a broken bone and NEVER LEAVE THEM OVERNIGHT.
We took our twelve-year-old cat, Polaris, to the Emergency Vet Clinic in August of 2006 because we had been force feeding him (he wasn't eating on his own) and he choked. We panicked and called our vet who told us to call the Clinic (it was late on a Saturday night), which we did.
They told us that we should bring him in (although he stopped choking and was fine) because they said that the food could have gone down the wrong pipe which would lead to pneumonia.
Once there, they said that it was likely that he had developed fatty liver disease and force-feeding him was the worst thing we could do. They, then, recommended that we leave him there for observation which we did VERY reluctantly.
I received a phone call from the Clinic at approximately 4 in the morning. They informed me that Polaris had taken a turn for the worse and he should be put to sleep immediately. We lived about 15 minutes away so I asked if they could wait until I arrived so that I could say goodbye to my cat. The woman on the phone told me that it would be inhumane to wait any longer.
Why did they not call me before he had reached this state?
Were they not, in fact, carefully monitoring Polaris' health as they said they would?
Do they not understand how painful it is to have a pet put to sleep let alone not be able to say goodbye?
Furthermore, they charged us well over $500 which we paid before leaving with our dead cat in a box.
To this day, I am still horrified about what happened on that day, August 26th 2006.
PLEASE, if you truly care for your pet, do NOT take him or her to the Emergency Vet Clinic unless they have a broken bone.
The inconsideration and complete lack of respect shown for Polaris' life and our feelings disgusts me. I will never take another pet to that clinic.
I would have given them less than one star if possible.
Sign in with Facebook Sign in with Facebook to see what your friends are up to!
Do you have a review of Emergency Veterinary Clinic on your blog? If you include the Citysearch image link (shown below) in your post, we'll automatically link to your review from the business profile page. Here's how our Linkback system works:
The Linkback system is free and automatic. It's really that easy.
To link to our business profile page, copy the html below to your web page.